Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 3-Adoption Day

Today is the day that Brother officially became a member of our family.

Brother was still asleep at 6:30 so B and O went to breakfast without us. Brother woke up at 6:45 so we ended up joining them for breakfast after his morning bottle. After breakfast, we ran a few errands and returned to the room for the boys to nap. Brother did. O did not. At 1:30 we met our guide to go back to the Civil Affairs office.

This day was much different from our experience in GuangZhou. They had an official ceremony with a photographer and everything. I appreciate that they tried to make it special. And just like that we are officially a family of four. I was glad I opted to wear makeup at the last minute. The officials were all very kind and ended up giving O at least three pieces of candy.




After returning to the hotel, we went to have "Over the Bridge Noodles", a traditional dish from Yunnan, where we lived a few years ago. B and O enjoyed DQ after.





The boys had their first bath tonight. Brother got right in and started playing with O...complete opposite of our experience with O! Funny how experiences change expectations.



We started trying to read books but both boys passed out. I am about to join them.  I hope they sleep through the night.

Prayers appreciated for both boys. We will go visit Brother's China home tomorrow. This is always an emotional experience for obvious reasons. F is doing great but prayers that this will be a good final goodbye to his friends and the only life he remembers. O is a great big brother but becoming a brother while jet lagged, in a foreign country is hard on a little one. 

MY TWO FAVORITE MOMENTS:
O kissing Brother spontaneously.
Brother gripping my fingers when he fell asleep.








3 comments:

Amy Barker said...

I'm glad Finns napping for you! He appears to be a laid back little fellow in the photos. Congratulations. I'm so happy for ya'll!

Jenny said...

Oh! I'm glad things are going pretty well! I know you must be exhausted, though, and I hope you are able to get some sleep and feel peace in your heart. Those pictures in those places bring back so many memories. Praying for y'all!!!

Mike and Rhonda said...

So cute....love reading all of this. So glad things are going well for you all.