Monday, May 27, 2013

Gotcha Day

Today was an amazing day. As I have said before, I cannot put words to all that I am feeling. 


 We met at 2pm today for a 30 minute van ride to the civil affairs office. Once we arrived we went into a big room filled with other families waiting for their little ones. Off to the side was a small room filled with nannies and children. I looked inside and saw a lady holding a little boy. All I could see was the back of his head, but I knew it was our son. Soon the lady turned around and directed his attention to me. She must have recognized me from the photos we sent. He started waving, but I wasn't allowed to go in the room. 


I didn't have to wait long before our guide called his name,  and the nanny brought him to me and  disappeared. He cried. Not a terrified cry, but a I don't feel good cry. I got permission to leave the room because there was just too much going on in there. We went outside, where I decided that he LOVES anything with wheels. He would point and want to get closer to cars, bikes, rolling palates, anything with wheels. Daddy was inside asking the nanny questions. After a while, we went inside. We started blowing bubbles and he immediately relaxed in my lap and started trying to blow bubbles. Bubbles brought his first smile. I was so surprised that he was smiling so fast.


He also decided that he was hungry. And he like to eat!! He ate puffs, a banana, crackers, some "Jello", a pouch of baby food, apple juice...



 When Daddy returned from asking questions, he played with us. Daddy also informed me that Little Man has had a fever. He is taking medicine for fever and antibiotic for an ear infection. 


We returned to the hotel. Daddy went to complete more paperwork. Momma and O went for a walk. We found a really cool mirror and fountain, as well as a waterfall. Daddy joined us for our walk and we went to pick up dinner. 



He wouldn't leave my arms or my lap for a little over five hours. I love holding him and completely don't mind. 

When we returned to the room. O started playing with stacking cups. He loves those too! Daddy started playing so Momma snuck about 3 feet away to download pics. Soon, it was time for bed. :( He cried for less than five minutes and has been asleep for one hour. I'm am going to join the sleeping boys now...just in case his sleep doesn't last. 

He is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I can't wait for morning! 

6 comments:

Cydne said...

You are simply glowing! So happy your family is finally all together. Love to all! Aunt Cydne

Bob and Linda W. said...

We are thrilled along with you!!
Love you,
Linda & Bob

Mike and Rhonda said...

Girl....sounds like you got this momma thang down pat. It is the most amazing thing huh? To hold him, this little human you have been dreaming of and praying for....well forever. What a beautiful family! Sorry he does not feel well.

The Howard Family said...

I am so excited for you! He is so precious. I can't wait to meet him.

Amy Barker said...

What a blessing! Love you and praying for all of you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable. I can't wait to meet him. Love Gotcha Day! Glad it is finally here. Prayers to you and your sweet family.