Sunday, February 1, 2015

3 Months

The past two months have FLOWN by. So many things have happened. Here are a few picture highlights...

Ready for the game...

His love for footballs kinda cracks me up. This is not posed. 

Happy birthday to me! I couldn't get him to smile. 

Blowing out candles is a daily occurrence around here. They get a spot in the drawer with the forks and spoons because we use them almost as much. I love that he loves to celebrate everyday.


Happy Thanksgiving! F was a trooper during the holidays and went to a bazillion different places. 

Cousins!

Four!

My Harley Turkey

and train engineer...

I LOVE going to the Christmas tree farm every year! It is one of my favorite traditions. A few years ago B and I ended up wearing overalls for our yearly tree excursion and it just stuck.


I love watching them play. 




There is no way O would have jumped in this thing and go by himself last year. 
They change SO FAST!

2013
2014
                                             Drinking hot, hot cocoa as he calls it. 


I may have taught him to take pics like my Chinese students. :)


Thanks to Aunt AB we go to see Santa...

and ride on the Glory Train. O was more impressed with the train than Santa. However, I wish I had a pic of the look on his face when Santa handed him a candy cane. Y'all, all he said he wanted for Christmas was a candy cane, ice cream and an airplane. He was amazed. (Ya think he likes food?)

Alligator

Homemade orange juice because I just like to do crazy things that make little ones think they can have homemade orange juice every morning that we have oranges in the house. Lesson learned. 

Making chicken and dumplings with Nana

Christmas...
at Nana's.


Cousins with matching PJs. 

 at home...
Crockpot candy that MaMaw always made. 

Christmas cookies...


O also loves handprints...

 I think my boys have more pjs than clothes. That's normal, right?

at Papa T's...
Closest thing we got to a pic with Santa. Thanks Papa T!

One of my favorite Christmas traditions was spending time with my family at MiMi's on Christmas Eve. So glad my boys get to do the same. 

Opening gifts...He's still not so sure about all the stuff. 


This just cracks me up. 

Us four...Maybe one day I will edit this...:)

There is something about littles drinking out of cups that I love...especially when the cup is crystal. 

MiMi and the boys on the four cushion couch that I was never allowed to touch when I was little. For some reason this couch always fascinated me. 

more at home...

The candy canes he asked for. 


Christmas was a relatively new idea where we lived in China. Their word for Christmas sounds similar to their word for apple. So, everyone exchanges apples for Christmas. 

We always got stockings a Mimi and Pop's when we were little. The stockings always had fruit (an orange, I think) and nuts. 
And so I always put apples in our stockings. 

Hugs...

Food again!

I'm pretty sure he has maxed out the height of this trampoline. 

Sweet brother moment. 

SMILES!

I may not be able to walk but I sure can jump. (He started crawling Dec. 28th)

Thomas is F's favorite toy. 

O wanted me to take a picture of him with his referral pic. This pic was taken two years and two days after I saw his sweet face for the first time. Thanks for the reminder, sweet boy. That pic changed my life forever! 

F loves bath time. This was a rare moment that he was awake and O was asleep. The bathroom likely has the best lighting in our house so I grabbed my camera and let him play. 

I LOVE BABY FEET, especially these.

Cuteness!

Thanks to the guys at Student Life for a pic of our family of four. :)

O's language has skyrocketed and his speech is improving. He is very caring and is into having "good manners",  making "healthy decisions", and doing "big things for God".  (One of the boys' first bonding moments started with O sticking out his tongue while eating...I decided I better get used to disgusting sights, sounds and smells living with 3 boys, so I let it continue. And they have been better friends since.)  I wish I could bottle up all his fun sayings and habits and keep them forever. He is changing so fast. 
In order for his speech to continue to improve, he will have to have an additional surgery. He is scheduled to have a nasendoscopy this summer so they can determine what surgery they will do. We are currently working to prepare him for the procedure as it will require his cooperation. He will have to repeat phrases while a flexible telescope is in his nose allowing the ENT and surgeon to see his soft palate. Prayers appreciated. 

Favorite activity: pretending to be everything from a crab to a dinosaur to a teacher to Daddy, reading, riding and climbing, cooking, singing "Hakuna Matata" and eating "slimy yet satisfying" foods
Favorite food: anything with sugar
Favorite book: Cookbooks, his Bible (David and Goliath, Daniel and the Lion's Den, Joshua)

F has gone from barely sitting to almost walking in three months. He has the best little giggle and his personality is really starting to show. He is most comfortable at home crawling around in familiar territory. He can sign "more", "finished", "bye-bye", and "bath". When he hears someone say hello, he puts his hand on his ear pretending to talk on the phone. I love how he reaches for me when he wants to be picked up. 

He will have palate surgery in one week. B did an awesome job coordinating 3 surgeons and an audiologist all for the same day which means he will only have anesthesia once, instead of four times.  Please pray for: wisdom for the surgeons, that the surgery will be successful,  F's recovery (He will be on a soft diet and have to wear arm splits for awhile), O's cooperation and understanding (F will be in the hospital two nights and he has never spent the night away from me), and sleep and endurance for all involved. 

Favorite activity: being outside, jumping on the trampoline, riding Thomas, playing peek-a-boo,  making faces, and sleeping
Favorite food: Meat
Favorite book: Touch and Feel Farm



No comments: