Monday, September 12, 2016

Finding Hero

Hero-male, 5 year old, post-op repair of ASD 


What a fitting name! Hero, born September 26, 2010, is an adorable little boy who loves to play ball, ride a bike, and take walks. He is described as being curious, smart, active, nice, and interactive. He is a heart warrior who has a history of post operative ASD. A US doctor determined that based on facies, there is a possibility of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.  Hero is on Kids of Hope list!





On the other side of the globe waits a special, little boy who NEEDS US. He needs us to help FIND HIS FAMILY. He needs us to SHARE HIS STORY. He needs us to PRAY.  His English name is Hero...and I can't think of a better name. He grabbed my heart years ago and hasn't let go. And It IS HIS BIRTHDAY MONTH. Let's find his family!! THIS IS HIS LAST BIRTHDAY WITHOUT HIS FAMILY!

Please email me, mimslindsay@gmail.com, if you want more info. Here are a few links too: 





Below is my letter to him...

Sweet boy! Your birthday is coming! And that is worth celebrating. If I could give you one gift on your birthday, it would be family.

I want more than anything for you to know the love of your family. For you to know that they are yours, and you are theirs—FOREVER! I want you to be held and cuddled. For you to see your momma and run to her confident that she is yours forever. For you to wrestle with your daddy and giggle with delight. For you to fully know what being a family feels like. 

I want you to know that you are loved and precious and valuable.  Not for how perfectly you behave or what career path you choose. No, your worth comes from the Father who made you, and is based solely on the fact that you are His son. And most importantly, I want you to walk in the knowledge that your Creator loves you.


I want you to know you are strong and brave. For you to know that His strength is perfect when your strength is gone. I want for you to know that the gifts and talents you bring to this world are needed. You have a part in the story that only you can play. 

I want you to know, even while you wait, the love of your Father. His arms wrapped around you when you are scared. His gentle voice whispering comfort in the night. His encouragement as you try new things. May he be your strength, your courage.

I want for you to be whole. For you to know your people and to be able to share your needs with them. For you to feel understood. For you feel confident in your skin. With the scar on your chest and your almond shaped eyes. With your olive skin and your jet black hair. I want you to look into the mirror with self acceptance and feel strength. I want you to find your value in your position as a child of the King.



So, sweet boy... Be strong. Be brave. Be patient. Your family is coming.  And while you wait, rest in your Father's love...His unchanging, forever love. You are LOVED! 

No comments: