Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Party 2 and 4

If there is something that is consistently part of our days lately, it would be bugs. I mean, they find them everywhere. We stop. We point. We watch. Sometimes they touch...lots of conversations about that part. But they are fascinated with bugs. Crawling. Creeping. Wiggling. Flying. All kinds. Usually they just want to watch them. BUT there have been a few occasions where O has been my protector and taken care of bugs for me...I'm OK with that, because I don't really do bugs. 

One of our favorite places is Aldridge Gardens. We go there weekly. There are a number of different things that the boys enjoy there...feeding the fish and turtles, watching the geese, performing on the stage, sitting on the butterfly bench, sorting rocks and pinecones, building forts, feeding the rabbit statue, walking around the water, smelling the flowers, picnicking, going on scavenger hunts...At some point, we usually end up looking at a bug. 

So, we decided that we would have a bug party at Aldridge Gardens to celebrate their precious little lives. O was excited. F had no idea what was happening. (Now he is clued in the this birthday thing, so just wait for next year.) 

I went and set things up and B brought the boys a little later. 









 We caught bugs (balloons) in our nets...


 We sang Happy Birthday and ate cake...






 We hunted for plastic bugs to go in our bug homes...



We found a bee hive that had sweets that didn't include honey. (O wanted a bee hive piñata. I couldn't find one but I found a way to make one out of a lantern. Easy peasy...Just in cause you need a piñata)...


We opened gifts...


We watched the geese families...

We went for a walk...




So much fun celebrating my two bugs. 

No comments: