Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Travel Details

In less than one month our family of four should be under one roof. I like having dates that I can put on a calendar. For some reason it takes some of the feelings of uncertainty away. So, if you are like me and you like dates here is what I think our schedule will look like:

October 10: Board our first flight bright and early that morning. We are flying a different route and a different carrier than what I remember doing in the past. 

October 11: Arrive late in the evening (I have been researching lots of flying with toddler tips, but if anyone has anything they would like to share, I'm game.) 

October 12: Last day as a family of three. I have grand plans of enjoying hot pot and getting a Chinese head massage...We will see how that goes. I also envision lots of escalator rides at the nearby mall.  

October 13: Our first day as a family of four. I am trying not to have expectations for this day. While I will be overjoyed to have him in my arms, he will likely be terrified, whether he shows it or not.  Just because he IS safe doesn't mean he FEELS SAFE. Check out this Pepsi commercial if you don't understand what I'm talking about. (Please excuse any language that didn't get bleeped out.) The guy in the video definitely expressed his fear. 

October 14: Adoption day. We will officially sign the paperwork for China to recognize our adoption.

October 15: Sightseeing

October 16: Visit the place where F has spent most of his life...LONG car ride

October 17: Get F's passport and fly to Guangzhou

October 18: Consulate medical

October 19:  We will receive our itinerary for this part when we arrive...it will likely include the Riverboat cruise, zoo, and museum. It will definitely include a medical appointment and lots more paperwork.

October 20: Consulate appointment

October 21-22: Wait for F's visa

October 23: Board the plane back to the USA. 

So, there you have it. Dates. Yay! 

1 comment:

Amy Barker said...

Yay! I love dates. I'll write them in my calendar and be praying.