(disclaimer from Momma: Post made by Baba)
We decided to take Lil' O or Lil' Noodle or Lil' PacMan (can't decide of all the nicknames we've thought of which one I like best :)) to the local park before we went on a family boat dinner cruise in the evening.
Here we are at the park entrance...
...on one of the many paths...
and I don't know which animal sweats the most, but that's we were doing... 'sweatn like a (insert animal here)'!
...on the street b/w the park and hotel...
...they had a children's playground...
O took his first train ride with Momma! Baba got left behind but enjoyed taking the pics.
Would you want to learn how to sing a song in the middle of the day,
sweating outside in humid Alabama?
Well, here they are, learning to sing a traditional Chinese song (we think).
And, what I call, Chinese line dancing...
Here we are in the elevator on the way to the dinner cruise...
O enjoys hitting the buttons.
Momma, O, and other fams on the way to the boat...
I knew we were in for a ride with the name of our boat... the "G Z Star"!
2nd floor diner extravaganza...we had noodles and fried rice, of course, and lotus root and other various root-like veggies similar to turnips (my fav), carrots, dumplings, fried fish (with bones, sad...I say 'sad' b/c ever since I got that fish bone stuck in my throat our last time in country...well, you get the picture), tiger pepper skins, fruit, and a sundry of other very 'Chinezey' dishes.
Momma and Baba actually enjoyed the food because we were familiar with much of it. Some of the other lao wai ('old foreigners') did not like it as much...advantage: our family. :) Ya know, in addition to the familiarity with the food, being familiar with many things China has helped us tremendously in our ability to enjoy the trip. I've personally enjoyed helping other families the little bit we've been able to.
Oh, and one more thing about the food... I thought of Granddaddy Snowy while we ate something very similar to the 'big fat yeast roll' served at Ryan's. He would love to take our family there to eat.
Our lucky table number 9...
Tallest structure (TV tower) in China...at least, that's what we think they said.
It changes color throughout the evening hours.
On the upper deck in an area where we did not have a ticket.
Ya know, it sometimes pays not to really know the language and it's ok to play the 'sorry, I'm a foreigner and don't understand' card.
(actually, it had rained and nobody bought upper deck seats, so we all went upstairs for pics understanding that it was ok...we think)
This skyline includes the IFC building which is supposedly one of the tallest in China, soccer stadium at bottom left, and the lit cube at bottom right is the museum that we visited earlier in the week.
Hanging out with other families on the boat; it was actually quite pleasant. The only disconcerting part was how the life preservers worked...it seemed that you would have to tie them around you especially well...good news is, we did not need them! Btw, O appears to love the water and even sticks his face in the bathtub water to blow.
The lighting of every bridge we traveled under also changed colors.
...TV tower at left and IFC building at right...
Another family keeps using the phrase "making a (insert child's name here) sandwich" when taking a picture with a child in the middle. I thought it was a little corny, but I kinda like making O sandwiches... :)
What a 'ham'! And, no, not Baba, but O! We've already discussed many times of how O's greatest weapon against Momma is using those big brown eyes followed up with a killer smile...she's hopeless.
And how bout that tie? Notice it? Man, it's difficult to manage a good, clean shot that captures the entire package in a nice clothes photo for a 2 yr old; especially, with one like Lil O....he's got places to go. He also has suspenders, but he hasn't taken to those very well.
...Baba: Out...
No comments:
Post a Comment